Bruce J. Sumlin, M.D.
Bruce J. Sumlin, M.D., is a board certified ophthalmologist and accomplished surgeon specializing in glaucoma, cataract, and LASIK procedures. Prior to joining Moore Eye Institute, Dr. Sumlin was known as the most experienced glaucoma and cataract surgeon in the state of Delaware having performed more than 15,000 surgeries. He is an expert in premium IOLs and has performed over 5,000 LASIK surgeries.
A graduate of Duke University, Dr. Sumlin earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois. He completed an internship at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C. and an ophthalmology residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He has advanced research fellowship training from the National Institutes of Health and glaucoma fellowship training from Washington University. Dr. Sumlin is Director of Glaucoma Surgery at Moore Eye Institute.
Languages Spoken: English and Spanish.
Joined Moore Eye Institute: 2015
- No Stitch Cataract Surgery
- Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery
- Bladeless LASIK and PRK Surgery
- Corneal Laser Surgery
- Advanced Technology Intraocular Lens Implants
- Medical, Laser, and Surgical Treatment of All Adult Glaucomas Including:
- Open Angle
- Closed Angle
- Steroid Induced
- Uveitis-Related Glaucoma
- Narrow Angles
- Ocular Hypertension
- Glaucoma Suspect
- Eyelid Lesions Including:
- Skin Tags
- Glaucoma Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency, Henry Ford Hospital
- Research Fellowship, National Institutes of Health
- Transitional Internship, Howard University Hospital
- University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Director of Glaucoma Surgery, Moore Eye Institute
- Medical Staff, Phoenixville Hospital, Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Taylor Hospital, and Springfield Hospital
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Cornea and Refractive Surgeons