Georgia Crozier, O.D., M.S.
Dr. Georgia Crozier is an optometrist, low vision specialist, and the Chief Medical Officer of Moore’s Low Vision Rehabilitation Center. She was the first optometrist selected by the federal government to receive a Masters of Science in Vision Rehabilitation. Dr. Crozier has lectured extensively and is a facilitator for low vision support groups. She is Pennsylvania’s primary consultant for visually impaired students and the Veterans Administration’s primary consultant for visually impaired, homebound veterans. Dr. Crozier lectures frequently on the subject of low vision rehabilitation and training and is available for presentations to retirement communities, veterans groups, and organizations for the blind. She is a graduate of Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University.
Languages Spoken: English and Italian.
Joined Moore Eye Institute: 2002
- Doctor of Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Salus University
- Primary Eye Care Residency, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Salus University
- M.S. Vision Rehabilitation, College of Education and Rehabilitation, Salus University
- Chief Medical Officer, Vision Rehabilitation Center, Moore Eye Institute
Research Papers and Publications
- “Low Vision Aids Help when Degeneration Progresses” Review of Optometry, February, 1984. Co-Author: Robert Ruggiero, O.D.
- “A Monovision Bioptic as a Low Vision Aid” Review of Optometry, August, 1986. Co-Author: Robert Ruggiero, O.D.
- Diabetic Health Fair. Phoenixville Hospital, Phoenixville, PA. March 22, 2018.
- What Effect Does Multiple Sclerosis Have on Our Vision? Riddle Hospital, Media, PA. March 14, 2018.
- Why is a Vision Evaluation Important in a Geriatric Assessment? Abington Hospital, Abington, PA. February 1, 2018.
- Why is a Low Vision Evaluation Helpful? Kendal at Longwood and Crosslands, Kennett Square, PA. October 24, 2017.
- Aira Demonstration. Moore Eye Institute, Springfield, PA. October 13, 2017.
- What’s New with Low Vision Rehabilitation? The Quadrangle, Haverford, PA. September 26, 2017.
- What is a Low Vision Evaluation? Phoenixville Hospital Senior Circle, Phoenixville, PA. April 26, 2017.
- Why Should I have a Low Vision Evaluation? Kendal at Longwood and Crosslands, Kennett Square, PA. April 11, 2017.
- What is a Low Vision Doctor? Drexel University College of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Philadelphia, PA. March 24, 2017.
- What Does a Low Vision Evaluation Include? VisionCorps, Chester County Support Group, Downingtown, PA. March 21, 2017.
- How Can a Low Vision Evaluation Benefit Me? Shannondell at Valley Forge, Audubon, PA. March 9, 2017.
- What is ARMD? Macular Vision Research Foundation, Dunwoody Village, Newtown Square, PA. February 22, 2017.
- What is New in Vision Rehabilitation? Foulkeways at Gwynedd, Gwynedd, PA. February 2, 2017.
- What is Vision Rehabilitation? Interdisciplinary Grand Rounds, Abington Hospital, Abington, PA. November 16, 2016.
- What is Vision Rehabilitation? Community Education, Abington Hospital, Abington, PA. October 25, 2016.
- Why Should I See Another Eye Doctor? The Quadrangle, Haverford, PA. May 24, 2016.
- What is a Low Vision Evaluation? Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services, Philadelphia, PA. May 13, 2016.
- What are the Three “O’s” in Eye Care? Peter Becker Community, Harleysville, PA. April 18, 2016.
- Why Should Vision Rehabilitation Be Part of the Ophthalmology Department? Drexel University College of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Philadelphia, PA. February 26, 2016.
- What is a Low Vision Evaluation? Low Vision Support Group, The Hill at Whitemarsh, Lafayette Hill, PA. Monthly in 2015.
- What is a Low Vision Evaluation? Maris Grove, Glen Mills, PA. May 12, 2015.
- What’s New in the Field of Low Vision Devices? The Quadrangle, Haverford, PA. March 23, 2015.
- Why Should I See Another Eye Doctor? Spring House Estates, Lower Gwynedd, PA. March 10, 2015.
- How Can Vision Rehabilitation Help Patients with ARMD? Ann’s Choice, Warminster, PA. February 19, 2015.