Hilary Brader, M.D.
Hilary Brader, M.D. is a board certified and fellowship-trained medical retina specialist with expertise in macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal vascular disease. Dr. Brader completed fellowship training in medical retina at the Harvard Medical School Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and completed ophthalmology residency at the University of Pennsylvania Scheie Eye Institute. She earned her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine and undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Brader has received multiple awards and honors for excellence in Medicine and Ophthalmology, including the Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship, Heed Ophthalmic Foundation fellowship award, and Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. She has presented at national and international meetings and published research on numerous topics in retinal disease in peer-reviewed journals.
Joined Moore Eye Institute: 2016
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- AIDS-Related Eye Disorders
- Eye Exam For Diabetic Patients
- Diabetic Retinopathy – Laser/Injection
- Intraocular Inflammatory Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Disorders
- Macular Edema
- Retinal Edema
- Retinal Infection (Retinitis)
- Retinal Tears/Holes
- Laser Treatment/Cryopexy
- Retinal Arterial/Venous Occlusion
- Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
- Medical Retina Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard University Medical School
- Ophthalmology Residency, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Retina and Diabetic Eye Specialist, Moore Eye Institute
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Heed Ophthalmic Association
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Research Papers and Publications
- Brader HS, Young LHY. Subthreshold Diode Micropulse Laser: A Review. Semin Ophthalmol. 2016;31:30-39.
- Brader HS, Ying GS, Martin ER, Maguire MG; Complications of Age-Related Macular Degeneration Prevention Trial (CAPT) Research Group. Characteristics of incident geographic atrophy in the complications of age-related macular degeneration prevention trial. Ophthalmology 2013; 120(9):1871-9.
- Brader HS, Ying GS, Martin ER, Maguire MG; Complications of Age-Related Macular Degeneration Prevention Trial-CAPT Research Group. New grading criteria allow for earlier detection of geographic atrophy in clinical trials. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011 Nov 29;52(12):9218-25.
- Aleman T, Eftekhari K, Brader H, and Tapino P. Review of Clinical outcomes of triamcinolone-assisted anterior vitrectomy after phacoemulsification complicated by posterior capsule rupture. Eye World Journal Club, March 2013.
- Brader HS, Pistilli M, Ying GS, Maguire MG. Early Progression of Geographic Atrophy in the Complications of Age-related Macular Degeneration Prevention Trial (CAPT). IOVS 2015; ARVO E-Abstract 3790.
- Brader H, VanderBeek B, Maguire AM, Ruggiero J, Tapino PJ, Brucker AJ, Aleman TS. Retinal lamination patterns in macular retinoschisis. IOVS 2013; ARVO E-Abstract 1366.
- Pistilli M, Maguire M, Farrar J, Dentone P, Brader H, Peskin E, and Asbell P. Evaluation of a Modification of the Brief Pain Inventory (BODI) as a Measure of Severity of Dry Eye Disease. IOVS 2013; ARVO E-Abstract 4359.
- Smolen H., Ying GS, Martin ER, Maguire MG, and the CAPT Research Group. Characteristics of Early Geographic Atrophy in the Complications of Age-related Macular Degeneration Prevention Trial (CAPT). [ARVO Abstract]. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2009;50(4):S883. Abstract nr 3915.
- Sunness JS, Massof RW, Rubin GS, Applegate CA, Smolen H. Quality of Life Measures in Age-related Geographic Atrophy of the Macula. [Macula Society Abstract 2011]
- Sunness JS, Massof RW, Rubin GS, Applegate CA, Smolen H. Quality of Life Measures in Age-related Geographic Atrophy of the Macula. [ARVO Abstract]. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011.
- Neil S. Skolnik and Hilary M. Smolen. Exercise in the Prevention of Chronic Disease. Family Practice News. 2008; 38(12): 24.
- Zink S, Smolen H, Catalano J, Marwin V, Wertlieb S. NATCO, The Organization for Transplant Professionals Public Policy Statement: HIV-to-HIV Transplantation. Progress in Transplantation. 2005;15(1): 86-90.