Shyam Kodati, M.D., F.R.C.S., FRCOphth
Shyam Kodati, M.D., F.R.C.S., FRCOphth is a fellowship-trained medical retina and uveitis specialist with expertise in macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal vascular disease. Internationally acclaimed for deep clinical acumen, an avidity for teaching young physicians, and excellent patient rapport, Dr. Kodati lectures widely on the latest developments in the management of diabetic retinopathy. In 2005, he was selected to deliver the keynote Siva Reddy Memorial Gold Medal Oration address at a symposium in honor of India’s most esteemed cataract surgeon.
Dr. Kodati established important medical retina and uveitis services for three separate hospitals in the United Kingdom. He completed fellowship training in ocular oncology at Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto and ophthalmology residencies at Kent County Ophthalmic Hospital and Kings College Hospital in the U.K. He completed his internship at Osmania General Hospital and earned his medical degree at Osmania Medical College in India.
Locations: Dr. Shyam Kodati sees patients at Moore Eye Institute’s Springfield office.
Joined Moore Eye Institute: 2018
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- AIDS-Related Eye Disorders
- Eye Exam For Diabetic Patients
- Diabetic Retinopathy – Laser/Injection
- Intraocular Inflammatory Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Disorders
- Macular Edema
- Retinal Edema
- Retinal Infection (Retinitis)
- Retinal Tears/Holes
- Laser Treatment/Cryopexy
- Retinal Arterial/Venous Occlusion
- Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
- Ocular Oncology Fellowship, University of Toronto
- Ophthalmology Residency, Kings College Hospital, London
- Ophthalmology Residency, Kent County Ophthalmic Hospital, Maidstone
- Osmania Medical College
- Retina and Diabetic Eye Specialist, Moore Eye Institute
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Pennsylvania Ophthalmological Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- The West Hertfordshire Medical Society
Research Papers and Publications
- Lamotrigine-induced tubulointerstitial nephritis and uveitis-atypical Cogan syndrome. Kolomeyer AM, Kodati S. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2015 Dec 1;26(1):e14-6. doi: 10.5301/ejo.5000674.
- Variation of blood pressure during topical phacoemulsification. Yap YC, Woo WW, Kathirgamanathan T, Kosmin A, Faye B, Kodati S. Eye (Lond). 2009 Feb;23(2):416-20. Epub 2007 Oct 19.
- Bacterial flora on slit lamps. Chong YY, Kosmin A, Barampouti F, Kodati S. Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie). 2008 Fall-Winter;40(3-4):137-40.
- A serious pain in the neck. Yap YC, Kodati S, Kosmin A, Damani N, Werring DJ. Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie). 2007 Winter;39(4):334-6.
- Ocular tuberculosis. Chong YY, Kodati S, Kosmin A. Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie). 2007 Fall;39(3):243-5.
- Descemetocoele from exposure keratopathy. Yap YC, Mandalia P, Brien PO, Barampouti F, Kodati S. Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie). 2007 Fall;39(3):259-60.
- Chest radiographs in uveitis patients. Chong YY, Sharma V, Raja N, Kodati S. Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie). 2007 Fall;39(3):267-9.